The Best Quotes for Weddings and Grooms
ByWedding— — Posted in
Poems and special dedications for the day when love is signed.
Today we have a selection of famous phrases for weddings, poems for weddings and civil celebrations.
If you have friends who are going to get married or you are the one who is going to go through the altar, this is your chance to sign a few dedications about love and courtship. You have to start life in marriage with a good foot!
Do not miss this compilation: “100 phrases about love and romanticism”
Famous quotes for weddings and poems for civil celebrations
Without further ado, we will know what these famous quotes about love that can fit in a ceremony such as a wedding.
1. Love opens the parenthesis, marriage closes it. – Victor Hugo
2. When two people are under the influence of the most violent, the most insane, the most illusory and the most fleeting of passions, they are asked to swear that they will continually continue in that excited, abnormal and exhausting condition until death separate. – George Bernard Shaw
3. You ask me whether or not you should get married; Well, whatever you do you will regret. – Sofócles
4. The age of getting married comes much earlier than the age of getting married. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Phrases and dedications of love and about marriage
5. In marriage, it is necessary to have qualities that resist, that last, and great passions happen soon; while a peaceful condition at all times is good. – Mariano José de Larra
6. There are husbands so unfair that they demand of their women a fidelity that they themselves violate, they resemble the generals who cowardly flee from the enemy, who nevertheless want their soldiers to hold the post with courage. – Plutarco
7. The only objection to scientific marriage that deserves definitive attention, is simply that such a thing could only be imposed on unimaginable slaves and cowards. I do not know if the scientific matchmakers are right or do not have it when he says. – Anonymous
Beautiful dedications for weddings
8. I have known many happy marriages, but not one compatible. The whole point of marriage is to fight during the moment when incompatibility becomes indisputable and survive it. – Gilbert Keith Chesterton
9. Before marriage, love is considered theoretically; in marriage it is put into practice. Now, everyone knows that theories do not always agree with the practice. – Henrik Ibsen.
My tactic is to look at you
learn how are you
love you as you are
my tactic is to talk to you
and listen to you
build with words an indestructible bridge
my tactic is to stay in your memory
I do not know how or I know
on what pretext
but stay in you
my tactic is to be frank
and know that you are frank
and that we do not sell ourselves simulacra
so that there is no curtain between the two
my strategy is instead
deeper and simpler
my strategy is that any day
I do not know how or I know
on what pretext
At last you need me.
– “Tactics and strategy” by Mario Benedetti
Last night I had a dream.
I dreamed I was walking on the beach
in your company.
On the night screen
the days of my life were projected.
I looked back and saw footprints on the sand:
One of my prints and another of yours.
When my days are over
I stopped and looked back.
I saw that in some places there was only one footprint.
Those sites matched
with the days of greatest anguish, of greatest fear,
of greatest pain in my life.
Then I asked you:
You said you were going to be with me
every day of my life?
Because you left me alone,
just in the worst moments?
You answered me:
The days you have seen a single footprint on the sand,
have been the days
in which I have carried you in my arms.
More phrases about dating and life together
10. The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and you have to rebuild it every morning before breakfast. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
11. When a man marries a second time, it is because he adored his first wife. – Oscar Wilde
12. In all marriages that have lasted more than a week there are grounds for divorce. The key is to always find reasons for marriage. – Robert Anderson
13. When two people are under the influence of the most violent, the most insane, the most illusory and the most fleeting of passions, they are asked to swear that they will continually continue in that excited, abnormal and exhausting condition until death separate. – George Bernard Shaw
So far the famous quotes for weddings
That is all for today! See you soon with new articles and compilations. If you have been wanting more, we recommend this selection of emotional phrases that will reach your heart.